Wednesday

Liberate Your Art 2014 Postcard swap

 

For the fourth year in a row Kat Sloma is hosting a postcard swap. It's meant to inspire artists to document and share their work via postcards. You pop 5 in an envelope and send them off to Kat by March 15, 2014 and you'll get 6 back, one from 5 random artists and one from Kat. I sent 6 because it doesn't seem right that Kat doesn't get one, but that wasn't a requirement. Last year their were 216 participants and she's hoping to reach 250 this year. So join in, it's easy! Complete details and sign-up info are here.
I ordered cards again from zazzle.com. I've ordered from other sites, but I like zazzle for small projects like this. I used a watercolor I did a while ago that I've been playing around with lately. My next challenge is to turn it into a repeating pattern. Need a few more days (or weeks?) on Photoshop to figure that one out.....
Watercolor Circles Postcard
Watercolor Circles Postcard
Postcard Back
Postcard Back
Tiger Licking Stamp Envelope
Tiger Licking Stamp Envelope
Kat did a nice blog post today showing a few of the envelopes she'd received, including this one that I sent her.

And here are the cards I received:

from Annie Kelleher

from Eric Muhr

from Jane P.

from Kat Sloma (or fearless leader!)

from Linda Ursin

from Tina W.

22 comments:

Claire said...

I've just popped over from the Liberate Your Art participants' list - nice to meet you :)
Love your design!!

Kat Sloma said...

Gorgeous postcard! I can't wait to see them in person. And thanks for sending an extra one for me! That's always a bonus. :)

marshaleith said...

love your watercolor- it will make a great repeating design!

Lui said...

Now this is what the swap is all about: creating something very personal!

janice said...

I love your watercolor postcard and your envelope with the tiger licking the stamp... AWESOME!!! You also received some beautiful ones in return! see you next year.

chandralynn said...

Awesome card (and envelope) sent and you received some great ones too!

Claire said...

Love your card, and you received some beauties in return - I really like the tree drawing, especially :)
Lovely to meet you through the swap and Happy Easter from England x

Cheri said...

You received a beautiful group of cards. It is so much fun to see all of the art that has been liberated!

Snap said...

I received your circle card. Love it. I'm enjoying seeing all the cards in the hop. This was fun. Looking forward to 2015!

Kelly @ JAX does design said...

I love all the postcards you received! I'm trying not to pick favourites because every card is a wonderful piece of art, but I have to say that being a horse lover and a purple lover, Tina's postcard really caught my eye :-) But they're all great!

Love your tiger envelope too - very creative :-)

HelenH said...

I love how you framed the cards you received. And your water color is such a happy pattern - would make a fabulous dress! Thanks for sharing.

maccandace said...

Those are all new ones to me! Yours is lovely.

Sheila said...

Your card is so eye catching! Love it! And you received great ones too!

Gallery Juana said...

Beautiful art postcard that you sent out. The circles remind me of sand dollars. Thanks for showing the back as well. I need to improve on the info I include on back for next year.

You got a great collection in return!

Kat Sloma said...

I loved your postcard! Thanks for participating in the swap and the hop this year!

Suzanne O'Brien said...

Wow, what a lovely talent you have - both the watercolor and your tiger envelope give a beautiful glimpse into your wide-ranging artistry!

Lui said...

I love your postcard! And you got special ones as well :-)

Suzette Rothlisberger said...

I love the postcard you liberated. Such beautiful work. It seems you also received some beautiful artwork in the mail as well. This is my second year of participating and I plan on doing it again next time. See you then!

Kris Mcneil said...

What beautiful work!!

juju said...

I LOVE your watercolor circles! Beautiful!

Ahayes1225 said...

Just stopping by to say hello from the post card swap.

twil123123 said...

Beautiful worked received and sent!